The JRC-IPTS and DGRTD are working together to establish a European Area for Science and Technology Foresight.
For this purpose, services will co-operate to establish the European Science and Technology Foresight Knowledge Sharing Platform (KSP).
Therefore, the JRC-IPTS is contributing, through the activities of this Action, to strengthen and better systematise competencies at European level on Foresight related issues.
In this context, the activities under the European Foresight team are focusing on:
- Consolidating the Foresight knowledge base by contributing to the development of a scientific reference system in FTA (Future-oriented technology analyses, which involves Foresight, Technological Forecasting and Technology Assessment).
- Applying Foresight practices to gather anticipatory intelligence in specific policy fields with special attention to issues investigated in the other Actions of IPTS.
- Contributing to improve the functionality of Foresight as a relevant tool for policy making by:
- Fostering exchange of experiences and reflections between Foresight actors, users and stakeholders.
- Initiating dialogue between Foresight and policy experts on the impact of Foresight on policy.
- Supporting the use of Foresight as a policy support tool across Europe especially in New Member States (NMS) and Candidate Countries (CCs).
- Spreading up-to-date Foresight knowledge and insights across Europe.
- Developing dedicated tools.